Nail technology refers to the techniques, tools, and other products used to treat and take care of nails, while also making them look aesthetically pleasing.
This field involves cosmetic beauty treatments for fingernails, hands, toenails, and feet. Typically, nail technology is divided into two areas: manicures for hands and pedicures for feet.
Nail technology is one of the highly paying service professions and a fast-growing field in Kenya today.
Keeping it Simple
While becoming a nail technician may sound complicated, Carenic Hairdressing and Beauty College keeps it simple for you.
Carenic College is a leading beauty college providing the best training in Nail technology. We have broken down the training into simple step-by-step module in order to guide you achieve your career dreams.
After you complete your training with Carenic College, you will gain the required skills to work as a Nail technician, manicure and pedicure specialist.
You will be able to perform the following;
Care of the hand nails and hand massage, as well as the application of nail polish.
Care of the nails on the feet and foot massage as wells application of polish.
Apply and maintain nail enhancements, as well as, work with liquid and powder, gel and wraps.
Perform tasks related to nail technology skills such as the anatomy and physiology of the skin and science of nails.
If you work in nail technology, you’ll usually hold the job title of nail technician, manicurist, or pedicurist.
How to Succeed as a Nail technician
Starting a business can be challenging – but it doesn’t have to be!
Ever wondered why some nail technicians become very successful while others fail? Is it inborn talent? Luck? Or Being in the right place at the right time?
The answer in none of the above! While there are many ways to run and operate a Nail art business, some methods are more efficient and will save you frustration and time in the long-term.
Carenic Professional Hairdressing and Beauty College goes beyond the tradition. We equip our learners with the professional knowledge and skills in Nail technology and also guide them on key secrets to success upon graduation.
We will take you through the 10 – point SECRETS:
1) Distinctive vision. 2) Know aesthetics is core, 3) Choose an ideal location, 4) Don’t skimp on furniture and technology, 5) Hire the right and qualified staff, 6) Treat employees well, 7) Use the appropriate Nail technology software, 8 Advertise and marketing – social media and internet, 9) Maintain budget and be accountable, 10) Work out the financing details
- Practicals based learning
- We encourage students to source for their clients, therefore letting them learn client orientation and service marketing
- Theory lessons to introduce students to the basics in nail technology
- Client Sessions
- Video-based learning
- Nail theory
- Nail diseases as well as disorders and conditions
- Natural nail care
- Nail shapes and essentials
- Infection control and safety
- Basic manicure and pedicure
- Special nail services
- Nail tips with acrylic overlay
- Sculptured nails
- Wrapped and fiber glass nails